Andy Coleman

Default House buying process

(jah_aaa) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

not sure if the right group, but here goes anyway:

We are first time buyers and have had an offer accepted on a house,
and both ourselves and the vendor are after a "quick" sale. Both are
chain free.

My question is this:

What sort of timetable would be a quick sale? When should I start
hassling solicitors and surveyers and the vendors?

Anyone with a rough timescale for the next few weeks??

thanks,

I sold a house a couple of years ago to some first time buyers. I was
moving into a flat I owned while we looked for another house so it was
a similar situation to yours. I can't remember the exact dates but the
whole process took not much more than four weeks and that was over a
Christmas period. So it can be done if both sides have solicitors that
are on the ball and the finance is straight forward.

Andy