Silvan

Glen wrote:

money she saved in getting me the chisels I wanted at WalMart rather
than those over-priced ones in the catalogue.

I didn't have the heart to tell her. I later ordered the set I wanted
and had them shipped to me at work.

Ugh. I would have told her. I've even made her take things back. We just
don't have enough money floating around to waste it on something completely
useless. Fortunately, she listens. She was going to buy me some flummy or
other at Wal-Mart, but wanted me to look it over first. I pointed out that
it just wouldn't be very useful at all, and was a bad value. She knows I
*use* these things, so she doesn't get too snitty about it in situations
like this.

So I wound up doing my own Christmas shopping this year, and padded the bank
account of that evil Kanukistani tool pimp a bit in the process. Why, I
even found gifts for SWMBO among the tool pimp's pages.

The look on her face when she saw "Lee Valley" on one of her packages was
actually pretty priceless.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/