Silvan

Kenneth wrote:

First, the bad news:

As I understand this situation, the trucker is obligated
only to get the goods to the rear lip of the truck.

Yup. "Tailgating" the freight.

Never have I had any trucker hesitate to provide assistance,
and when they have assisted, it has often been far beyond
anything I might have expected.

Especially if you, or someone in your employ, is, um, easy on the eyes.

Were I in your shoes, I would invite a friend over, or, if
that were not possible, I'd have a pair of 2 x 10s handy for
a makeshift ramp.

I would *not* bother with a ramp. We used to have ramps made out of
waterbed frames. Just about the same as two 2x10s, SYP. They were
completely worthless. Too springy, not slippery enough; worse than
nothing.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/