Synapse

Thanks for the replies !
No, I don't know if I have power at the bake terminals. I am
afraid to test it. I don't have a voltmeter with enough resistance.

The broiler element still works. Don't know about the thermostat.
By thermostat I assume you mean the temp dial.

When I turn the other dial to "bake", the broiler element gets hot (
I think it did before too). Have not been able to buy new bake element
yet.

I am hoping that, as one poster implied, that replacing the bake
element will solve the red light problem also.

More questions : If I need to look at fuses, wires, switch contacts,
etc., how do i get to them? Can I simply walk / jerk the oven out of
its slot and onto the kitchen floor, with adequate slack in the wiring
to let me get it out a few feet ? Is everything located inside the
control panel at the back of the top of the stove ? It is not
"electronic" in that there are no LED readouts, just dials, two analog
clocks for start/stop timing, a regular analog clock which no longer
works and a switch for the latch/self-cleaning function.

I can rock the oven a bit, but it isn't moving easily, and I don't
want to go ripping wires out by moving the oven out of its slot.

Thanks