Ollie

I share the same experience as Kenneth. I have received a 600 lb table saw,
600 lb planer, 450 lb, jointer. and several lighter items even without being
at home when the deliveries were done. In some cases, I got the service
even without paying the additional lift gate fee ($75 - $125). At the end,
I have been happy with the services received from the shipping companies.
On other hand, it has been unnecessary difficult to arrange the delivery
with Grizzly. The other companies (Wilkes) have been more flexible in the
shipping arrangements.

Although the bandsaw is reasonable light (200 lb), you should be careful
not to damage it during the transportation. Most bandsaws are preassembled
and should be delivered in standing position - not laying flat on the floor.

Cheers, Ollie

"Kenneth" wrote in message
Hi Igor,

First, the bad news:

As I understand this situation, the trucker is obligated
only to get the goods to the rear lip of the truck.

Now, the good news:

I receive a fair amount of trucked goods, some much heavier
than yours.

Never have I had any trucker hesitate to provide assistance,
and when they have assisted, it has often been far beyond
anything I might have expected.

All that said, you have the be prepared to lower the thing
on your own just in case...

In the grand scheme of things, your package is rather light.
With a friend, you could easily lower it to the ground with
no equipment whatever.

Were I in your shoes, I would invite a friend over, or, if
that were not possible, I'd have a pair of 2 x 10s handy for
a makeshift ramp.

Whatever you do, have fun with it!

All the best,

--