Drew

Default House buying process

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..
"jah_aaa" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

not sure if the right group, but here goes anyway:

We are first time buyers and have had an offer accepted on a house,
and both ourselves and the vendor are after a "quick" sale. Both are
chain free.

My question is this:

What sort of timetable would be a quick sale? When should I start
hassling solicitors and surveyers and the vendors?

Anyone with a rough timescale for the next few weeks??

thanks,

Between lawyers, searches and mortgage companies even quick sales can drag
on....

Get your mortgage agreed in principle and sorted out as quickly as you

can -
you can lean on your solicitor to speed them up a bit, but you have no

such
leverage over a huge mortgage company. Mine dragged on for ages - £200k

for
a first time buyer's mortgage apparently raised eyebrows and had to go
through several authorisation hoops at head office (which, of course, the
people dealing with me neglected to mention at the outset).

You don't say where you are, but if you are in W or NW London area email

me,
I can put you in touch with an unusually quick & sharp solicitor.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

First time buyer in Scotland, saw house, liked it, went rount to solicitor
and told him to put in offer which he did that day, closing date was set for
4 days from then as more people had been interested, got call from solicitor
on closing date to tell me offer had been accepted, next day went to
solicitors office and signed the neccesery forms, 5 days later sellers
signed their side of the paperwork, agreeing on a move in date of 4 weeks
from then, from that moment on the contract is signed ansd sealed so the
sellers cannot accept a bigger offer, basicly the deal was done within 10-14
days of me seeing the house.
Why is the English property selling system so open to abuse?
Why dont they change it?

Drew