Mike Marlow

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

I'm not surprised. I likely spoke before putting my head in gear.

When
you consider all the relatively inexpensive tools available to us these
days, I would expect that the vast majority use aluminum, which can be

cast
inexpensively. Why would I expect a chop saw to be any different? I
have an old Milwaukee (chop saw) in storage. The more I think about it,

the
more I think it very well may be aluminum, too. My comments were
flavored by my experiences of working in industry, where serious equipment
is made of iron or steel.

Harold

.... and both my chop saw and my compound miter would fall into the category
of "less than" top end tools. Both serve their purposes well and make
accurate cuts, (to the extent that an old B&D chop saw can make an accurate
cuts), but they certainly fit into the category you speak of.
--

-Mike-