Charlie Self

George Pontis notes:
In article , -
spam.invalid says...

I do have 1 question though. Are all cabinet saws quiet? My neighbor
has a Sears contractor saw and a friend has a JET saw and I have a
Shopsmith. It is impossible to talk over the noise of either. This
22124 is so quiet ripping oak that you can speak normally. Scary
actually!

Induction motors are much quieter than universal motors and their associated
gearboxes. But what you might be sensing between these saws is the blade. In
my
limited experience, the thin kerf baldes are noisier cutting than the
conventional, full thickness blade.

Yes, but the Craftsman blade is a Leitz variable pitch--means the teeth and
gullets vary in size more than in most--thin kerf. The overall blade design
does make it quiet, though, and the saw itself is very quiet.

Charlie Self
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell