John Stumbles

Default Intelligent NiCd/NiMH charger

"John Stumbles" ] wrote in message
I'm looking for a charger for AAA, AA and C size (and ideally also PP3)

NiCd
and NiMH batteries which fast charges with delta V sensing to cut off each
cell when fully charged. AIUI the delta V which signifies full charge is
different for NiCd and NiMH (-ve for NiCd, +ve for NiMH?).

To answer my own question (since none of you useless shower did ;-) I did
what I should have done in the first place and googled sci.electronics for
delta V.
My synopsis is: both NiCd and NiMH show a -ve dV at full charge, as a result
of temperature rise i.e. +ve dT (which is maybe where I got the idea I had
about +ve dV).

With NiMH the effect is much smaller than with NiCd so a NiMH charger can be
used for NiCds but not (necessarily) the other way round.

Thanks to everyone who replied re Ansmann, Uniross and model chargers. The
latter I'm interested in for big sprog's Nikko arsey car and maybe some
cordless tools (but these have 14.4V, 18V and 24V packs) but for the range
of 1, 2, 3 and 4-cell toys and appliances around the house a discrete cell
charger is the only way to go.

cheers

--
John Stumbles