Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"HarleyVA" wrote in message
forgot about the cartridge. Still shouldn't cost much though and is
pretty enough to replace.

You're so right on the Deltas leaking much sooner than before. I
suspect they've outsourced some or all of their parts.

I've had good luck with Delta in my old house. When Imoved here, I had to
replace the rubber parts and cartridges every six month. I cursed Delta and
swore I'd never buy another. After a couple of years I put in a whole house
water filter with a sediment cartridge. I've not had to repair a faucet
since (10 years now). I do replace the filter cartridge every few weeks and
it has a lot of rust in it that was abrading my faucets.

One thing I've noticed is that it seems that Delta for the most part has
gone to plastic whereas you can still (if you look hard) sometimes
find metal replacements...these seem to last longer still...

Hard water such as we have is definitely a contributor, too...