steamer

: Battle Bots going off the air didn't have anything to do w/ "Tech Tv"
: channel being bought out?
--Different show; you're thinking of Robot Wars; it was the
"owner" of that event that sued Battlebots. Battlebots won the lawsuit but
it took almost 2 years for them to do so. 2 years of injunctions including
one that said they couldn't change the content of their website or send
out any info, hence no contests for those 2 years. Also no network deals.
Now the "fad" has come and gone as far as TV goes. With
consolidation of previously independent stations there's no network
for them to approach. Lawyers, exective decisions, all that crap. Bottom
line: 300 teams of hackerly kids with 600 machines no longer have a place
to evolve their designs. Game over.

: I haven't watched much of what was Tech Tv since. It's mostly
computer
: games now. I wasn't aware Battle bots are off the air. I lost interest
: ddue to the MC & Hosts incomprensable British accents. Not because of
: the botts themselfs.
: Happy Holidays, John

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Somehow related
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Lumpy Adams...