Doug Kanter

"orangetrader" wrote in message
news
My kitchen faucet is dripping. It is a single lever Delta faucet.
Sometimes it drips faster sometimes slower, if I push the lever down and
hard sometimes it will stop the drip - until I have to use it again.

Is this something that will require a replacement of the faucet, or
replacement of some parts? I plan to shut off the water supply, there is

bolt at the base of the lever that I will open up and see. But not sure
what I am looking for. I tried to remove the entire faucet unit but the
"ring" at the base under the counter top is real tight and nothing I have
will free it, I have a wrench large enough but not at the angle where I

can
apply any leverage and no room to have any "bite". Is there something I

can
do to fix this from the top?

Thanks,

Although you can get Delta parts individually, your first repair is best
done with a rebuild kit, which most home centers sell. Less than ten bucks,
comes with a couple of special little tools you'll need. Put a large towel
over the drain. There's a hex screw you have to remove from the faucet
handle. Gremlins will make it want to go down the drain. Did I mention you
should put a towel over the drain?

Don't forget to put a towel over the drain, by the way.