Speedy Jim

orangetrader wrote:
My kitchen faucet is dripping. It is a single lever Delta faucet.
Sometimes it drips faster sometimes slower, if I push the lever down and
hard sometimes it will stop the drip - until I have to use it again.

Is this something that will require a replacement of the faucet, or
replacement of some parts? I plan to shut off the water supply, there is a
bolt at the base of the lever that I will open up and see. But not sure
what I am looking for. I tried to remove the entire faucet unit but the
"ring" at the base under the counter top is real tight and nothing I have
will free it, I have a wrench large enough but not at the angle where I can
apply any leverage and no room to have any "bite". Is there something I can
do to fix this from the top?

Disregard the other replies.

Go to Delta website:
http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
They have excellent repair procedures.

Briefly:
Take handle off.
Loosen big chrome nut under the handle (may be corroded on).
Inside you will find the Delta "ball".
Under the ball are 2 sets of "springs and washers".
Replace ball and spring/washer with Genuine Delta parts; forget
about generic parts.
Get the seal kit too which has the parts on top of the ball.
There is another kit with the O-rings for the spout.

Jim