HarleyVA

"orangetrader" :

My kitchen faucet is dripping. It is a single lever Delta faucet.
Sometimes it drips faster sometimes slower, if I push the lever down and
hard sometimes it will stop the drip - until I have to use it again.

Is this something that will require a replacement of the faucet, or
replacement of some parts? I plan to shut off the water supply, there is a
bolt at the base of the lever that I will open up and see. But not sure
what I am looking for. I tried to remove the entire faucet unit but the
"ring" at the base under the counter top is real tight and nothing I have
will free it, I have a wrench large enough but not at the angle where I can
apply any leverage and no room to have any "bite". Is there something I can
do to fix this from the top?

Thanks,

woah there big fella. No need to boar hog the entire faucet. The
only thing you need is new O rings. Less than a buck at your local
hardware store.

Most single handle faucets have a cap of some sort covering the
handle. They are usually held on by a small screw or just snap on.

Carefully determine how it's held in place and remove the cap.

1. Turn off the hot and cold water from underneath the sink.

2. Cover your drain hole so you don't have anything fall into the
drain.

3. Unscrew the bolt holding the faucet handle in place.

4. Remove the assembly containing the rubber O rings and take to your
local hardware store, or even simpler, just remove the O ring and take
it to your local hardware store and buy a replacement. They come in
kits with varying sizes or can be purchased individually for about 10
cents.

5. Bring home, install O ring an review installation procedure.

Done.