Rick Brandt

orangetrader wrote:
My kitchen faucet is dripping. It is a single lever Delta faucet.
Sometimes it drips faster sometimes slower, if I push the lever down
and hard sometimes it will stop the drip - until I have to use it
again.

Is this something that will require a replacement of the faucet, or
replacement of some parts? I plan to shut off the water supply,
there is a bolt at the base of the lever that I will open up and see.
But not sure what I am looking for. I tried to remove the entire
faucet unit but the "ring" at the base under the counter top is real
tight and nothing I have will free it, I have a wrench large enough
but not at the angle where I can apply any leverage and no room to
have any "bite". Is there something I can do to fix this from the
top?

Thanks,

A single handle faucet will typically use a "cartridge" inside that is cheaply
and easily replaced. Normally you would be unscrewing a ring under the handle
(not under the sink) to get at the cartridge.