cm

As long as the vinyl is securly glued down it will make a great barrier
between the cement cracks and the tile. I worked for a builder that
installed vinyl before he installed tile and cut his "call backs" by 90%+-!
I have also installed tile over vinyl several times and have had no
problems, including in my own home. If the vinyl is loose near the edges you
can just cut these areas out. The tile mastic that is used to glue the tile
down will fill in the removed areas.

AZCRAIG

www.azcraig.us

"Owlman" wrote in message
We're getting ready to tile our kitchen with large (16x16") porcelain
tiles. Our current linoleum floor is installed over a concrete slab.
We have had movement (cracks) on that slab and I was wondering if
installing the tile over the linoleum is a good idea. I thought
perhaps it might help in providing a base for the tile in case of
additional movement.

Your thoughts are appreciated.