Andy Hall

Default M akita or RYOBI

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:20:06 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:21:46 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Was that inc labour? £35? A good decent drill/driver can be had now

for
£50-60 inc 2 or 3 year guarantees.

That depends on your definitions of good and decent and whether you
want to throw something out after 2-3 years.

You have nonsense in your mind that DIY tools only last 2-3 years. My

1980
B&D is still going.

I never have nonsense in my mind.

You jest of course.

No, I wouldn't want to compete with you regarding that particular
skill :-)

I have had appalling experiences with Bosch tools, to the point that I don't
buy expensive rip-off tools anymore.

That's sad. I don't buy expensive rip off tools either.

I do take the total cost of ownership into account and what I want to
achieve and find that a good guide on what to buy.

I, like most people on this ng, don't
use power tools constantly on a day to day basis, so buying these sort of
super expensive tools is madness.

It really depends on how you account for what you are doing, the
quality of work and the ease of use and reliability.

If your sole criterion is purchase cost, then you may be right. I
have several others as well and find tool purchase cost within reason
is but one aspect.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl