Martin H. Eastburn

Gunner wrote:

On 23 Dec 2004 10:16:59 -0800, "AJ Quick" wrote:

I'm sorry if I am not up for using a car leaf spring as a weapon. I am
looking for raw metals that can be obtained easily, and worked with
easily. The robot design is fully CAD drawn, and will be made with a
high level of precision.. We take more of a NASA approach to this kind
of stuff.. not redneck backyard fun. Yeehaw.

Nasa approach...does that mean yur bot will explode as the start
signal is given or someone will screw up a measurement and your bot
will miss the arena and wind up heading out of the solar system on a
course to eternity?

Id suspect a good redneck backyard bot (made from a riding lawn mower)
would use a homebrew thermal lance made from a rusty piece of pipe
found in the back 40, and Grandmas O2 bottle and turn your bot into
$10,000 worth of smoldering scrap in right short order. Or simply
bludgen it to pieces with the differential from a 62 chevy pickemup
truck.

Yeehaw indeed.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio

Hum - a nice 1/4" diameter TI rod with a heater wire on it - just might
make a fire torch that would melt the hole through anything. IIRC, 900 C.

Oh - maybe a metal fire is a violation.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn