stemc ©

Default House buying process

"jah_aaa" wrote in message
om...
| Hi,
|
| not sure if the right group, but here goes anyway:
|
| We are first time buyers and have had an offer accepted on a house,
| and both ourselves and the vendor are after a "quick" sale. Both are
| chain free.
|
| My question is this:
|
| What sort of timetable would be a quick sale? When should I start
| hassling solicitors and surveyers and the vendors?
|
| Anyone with a rough timescale for the next few weeks??
|
| thanks,

Hi there,

We're in a similar position to you - we're first time buyers, and are buying
a house that is vacant, and has no chain.

We made the offer a few weeks ago, it was accepted, and we got our bank to
process the details, and to book the survey. The mortgage loan agreement
forms came about 5 days later, and we signed and returned these. In this
time, the surveyor went around to the house to do the Homebuyer Survey, and
I got my mum to pick up the report the following day. Once we had the
report, we told our solicitor that we wanted the house, and to get on with
it.

We paid for the searches in cash, and these searches were put in place on
Monday. We've been told that this can take 2 to 3 weeks to be completed,
then we'll be paying the solicitor a visit to sort everything out. I'm
hoping this all goes as quick as possible, but I'm not hopeful.

I just want the house now, as we've put down plenty of money for searches
and surveys etc... I hate the fact that after all this money spent, we
don't have any right to the house yet. :-( I've just god bad visions of
someone coming in and making a much higher offer.

Ste