Anna Kettle

Default House buying process

We are first time buyers and have had an offer accepted on a house,
and both ourselves and the vendor are after a "quick" sale. Both are
chain free.

My question is this:

What sort of timetable would be a quick sale? When should I start
hassling solicitors and surveyers and the vendors?

Anyone with a rough timescale for the next few weeks??

I just bought a house too. The owners had died, so no problems there.
I had already sold my last house and was renting, so no problems
there. I didn't need to get a mortgage, so no building society
problems . The survey was simple.

And it took three months to happen. I used a conveyancer, not a
solicitor but that was just chance. There seems to be a consensus that
the conveyancer/solicitor is the holdup.

Mine did nothing until I hit the roof. And then she did one thing and
then nothing more until I hit the roof. Repeat to fade...

I suppose the thing to do is to ask the solicitor for a time scale
before you take them on, though in my experience they will tell you
what you want to hear. Pah!

The time before, I did my own conveyancing and that was much less
stressful though there is lots of paper shuffling to do

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation