Art

We replaced gas logs with a vented insert with ceramic glass. Now that was
one heck of an improvement and I highly recommend it. The gas logs ate gas
and gave off very little heat. THe insert is 85% efficient even though
vented and the cat loves it. Don't even see it in the gas bills and if you
have a blackout it will still run without the fan. Make sure it comes with
ceramic and not tempered glass.

"Ken" wrote in message
link.net...
Bubba's point is well taken. I removed regular gas logs and replaced them
with the "ventless". After about an hour of operation the smoke/fire alarm
in the room (great room, 500+ ft/sq) alarms. Not the new wearing off the
logs, either. I've tried it a few times when power was lost.
So.... there's something in the air and it and Christmas.
If I had it to do over I'd have the original logs and more money in my
pocket.
Ken

"Jim" wrote in message
I would like to know what is involved in install a vent free fireplace
from home depot or lowes in my basement.

thanks

jim