Andy Hall

Default M akita or RYOBI

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:21:46 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Was that inc labour? £35? A good decent drill/driver can be had now for
£50-60 inc 2 or 3 year guarantees.

That depends on your definitions of good and decent and whether you
want to throw something out after 2-3 years.

You have nonsense in your mind that DIY tools only last 2-3 years. My 1980
B&D is still going.

I never have nonsense in my mind.

I was referring more to the cheap private labelled stuff that is sold
on a disposable basis by the DIY stores. My experience with products
of that type has been disappointing in terms of quality and
reliability. I don't have the time to waste to go and buy any more
tools in this category because the chances are more than evens that I
will be disappointed because of reliability, quality of result or ease
of use. I would rather just buy a decent thing once and be done
with it.

Some B&D products, certainly of that era are quite good for what they
are and I still have one or two. They don't get a lot of use any
longer because I have better ones now.

To my mind, £50-60
does not buy a decent drill.

Look around then.

I have. It doesn't as far as I am concerned

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl