Old Nick

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:30:05 GMT, "TBone"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I am not sure about some of what you say. But to answer your
questions.

I want it to continue to protect me if ther power is off, either
because I turned it off, or the supply goes down at 20:00 and I am
standing in the dark with a blade spinning down, my fingers close
enough to be worrisome.

The _point_ of asking what happens when the saw is stopped si that the
thing need not operate then. If it does it would be a little
inconvenient.

What exactly do you want it to do for you? If the saw blade is already not
moving, how can it help you?

No. I said the power was off. See question 2.

If it drops the blade into the table, the
dropping blade can still cut you on the way down and now you get the added
insult of spending $50 to replace the charge for no real help at all.

You lost me.

What happens if the blade is not moving, and you touch it?

Again, what would be the point? Now you would be creating a substantial
increase in the cost of the machine with no real benefit at all.

Exactly. I was asking what happens. This thing appears somewhat
violent, and not neede if the saw is stopped.

No safety
device in the world can protect someone from their own laziness or stupidity
and it really is up to the woodworker to understand what they are working
with and to pay attention and be careful, even when the machine is not
running.

You lost me again. I hope you understand my questions better.