Andy Hall

Default M akita or RYOBI

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:18:31 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

A good decent drill/driver can be had now for
£50-60 inc 2 or 3 year guarantees.

My Makita battery drill was £235, I've seen them for £200 recently.
The £50-60 drills won't do what my Makita can.

It can! The makita will last longer with day to day pro use, that's all.

That is completely untrue. The speed and torque control, battery
behaviour and clutch arrangements are vastly superior to private label
£50 jobs.

The total cost of the two drills was about £370.

Which will be cheaper now, and the current equiv will most liklely be a

far,
far less than £370. Battery drill prices have tumbled along with SDS's.

Still about £250-300 though for like for like drills.

A DIYer paying over £20 for battery drill is madness. Even few pros don't
pay that these days.

No it isn't.

Once again you are making the mistake of assuming that DIY
automatically equates with cheap. For some people that is the case,
for others it isn't.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl