Leon

"Paul Kierstead" wrote in message

I am on no soap box. Any you "tude" is one of ignorance.

You are not, indeed; you seem pretty reasonable to me. I am entirely
baffled how people can get their panties in such a knot over the invention
of a tablesaw safety device or -- for that matter -- the fact the company
has been slow getting it to market. You would think it was a massive
insult to them or something. What is the deal here? Sheesh, they must be
homicidal about seatbelts. I can't imagine how much they froth at the
mouth about anti-lock brakes, hearing protection or -- god help us -- eye
protection.

PK

I am not so sure that many are so much against the idea of the safety devise
so much as their impressions of the company when the company looked to the
government to mandate the use of this or a similar device to be used on all
new table saws. I am also against the government getting involved with our
lives any more than necessary. However not all that the government does is
bad for us. IMHO this safety device is a good idea and I would much rather
see this device than the one that comes on the saw now and gets thrown away
before assembly most of the time. Many people form an opinion and neither
hell or high water will change their minds. ;~)
For those people that have been seriously injured and still have ill
feelings for this device I can respect their feelings. They have been there
and know that it is possible, even for them. For those that feel that harm
will never come to them because they always pay close attention, use proper
tool technique, are way too smart to let an accident happen, or are way too
careful to let an accident happen, I can only say that given enough time
your time will come. I was one of those people that felt that way and all
my friends and relatives could not believe that of all people it happened to
me. I have been down that path and know better now.