Old Nick

On 19 Dec 2004 18:25:28 -0800, "AJ Quick" vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Aiiii amd a Dalek. I will now ignore you.

Ignorrre! Ignorrre! Ignorrre!

Hey,
I'm working on a design for a Battlebot for their 2005 competition in
Orlando Florida. I am working on a design that I feel will fair
extremely well against any others. Currently, I am looking at a
material to use for the weapon. My design calls for a flat bar, about
36-40" long x 3" wide x .5" thick.

What would be the best material to use? Keep in mind that this will be
a spinner, spinning at 3000rpm, putting a fair amount of kinetic energy
into the other bot.

Hardened S7 Toolsteel fare well against bending or breaking?

Could the peice be bent at a 45 degree angle a few inches from the
ends? Without them breaking off, or bending the whole thing.

Does anyone know of any shops that will sponsor a weapon of those
dimensions, with a huge strength and hardness?

Oh, and this bot isn't a pipe dream. ;-) We've got over $7000 invested
into it. But we still need more money! If anyone wants to donate,
Paypal
Please let me know!
AJ Quick
http://www.HHSRobotics.com/