Raymond Raymond is offline
Junior Member

I just got the Laguna Tools LT16 bandsaw recently and absolutely love it! It is a well-built machine and cuts like a dream. It has a 3 HP Baldor motor and their unique ceramic guide system.

I have used it for small, detailed cuts, curved cuts, and for large resawing cuts. I have also used it to cut tennons instead of using my tablesaw. I have found that it is a lot safer.

I really like the fence that comes with the saw. It can be used in the up position for tall resaw work or used in the down positon for low work. It is a solid fence and is completely adjustable for drift.

I did a LOT of checking and wanted to make sure that I got the best saw for the price range I was looking at. Even after all my comparison shopping, I was blown away by how nice this saw cuts. I couldn't afford their heavy duty model so this was the next best thing.

I also have their resaw blade which cuts veneers and book matched panels great. Their staff also seemed more knowledgeable about bandsaws than other people I spoke with.

I would encourage you to check this saw out.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
I am in the middle of outfitting my garage shop and am trying to
decide which bandsaw to purchase. I will use it for resawing and some
curves. My specialty is furniture. I was interested in at least a
16". I have it narrowed down to the following (in no particular
order):

1 Laguna LT16 (16") - $1500 I have heard some rumours about the
Bulgarian models

2 General International 90-270 (18") - $1600

3 General 690-1 (15") - $1650 A little pricey for a 15", but I have
heard they are very good

4 Bridgewood BW-17WBS (17") - $1000

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with any of these. I have
done quite a bit of research on Google and read several magazines, but
I didn't find that much and don't feel that magazines are that
trustworthy. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Russell