Ed Sirett

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:03:51 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

There's no air flow pressure switch in the
Keston. Puzzled. Time for a cup of tea...

The DC blower has a tacho on it which tells the controller that the fan's
spindle is moving (if not the fan wry smile).

Maybe this storey will be useful to some of you with Kestons.
I could also suggest to Keston that although they have a detector for
condensate pipe blocked after the boiler, they have no detection for
condensate U-trap blocked or the heat exchanger chamber filling with
condensate for some reason (as in this case). This might be worth
detecting, and would be easy to do using the existing detector which
just relies on water contacting an exposed terminal. OTOH, it would
seem that the boiler actually won't light in this state, although if
already lit, it manages to carry on going for a while at least.

I thought there was a condensate over flow detector (there is one on the
C40 for sure) -- just checked -- not on the C25.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk