Jerry Martes

AJ

I first read your post with alot of interest when I thought you were
spinning a big piece of steel and wanted to make an improvement. I was
interested in seeing the preliminary results.
Then you seemed less than gratefull to the RCM for the replies to your
post.
Frankly I was surprized to leard that you'd spent $7,000.00 on a project
that hadnt been tested with at least one "bl;ade".
I suppose I was a bit too critical about your error in having posted 3,000
RPM and 250 MPH. But you could easily have accepted that remark of mine
without asking if I wanted a gold star. I consider that an attempt to
disrespect me. Correct me if I misunderstood.

You sure dont have to prove anything to me and probably not to "this
group". But, when you post to this group that you have a robot project
that we are invited to contribute money to, there might be some indication
that you are actually building something.
The way In read it, the general nature of your thread has been that of a
salesman.

I wonder what your objective was to write that you take a NASA approach then
reject that that car leaf spring suggestion. I dont see how a leaf spring
violated your specification.

Jerry

"AJ Quick" wrote in message
ups.com...
The 250mph came from the estimate of 2500 rpm with unmodified motors. I
plan on adjusting the timing of the motors, and then overvolting them
to 36 volts. Thats how I estimate 3000rpm.. so its going atleast 250mph
(for 2500), or more if I make the changes. The gearbox uses 2:1
reduction, so the motors are spinning at 5000 normally, and should add
another 1000 with modifications. You are very right, 3000 rpm is
321mph.. would you like your gold star?

I don't know why I have to prove anything to you guys. This is a metal
working group, I expected answers regarding the metals to use. You
would be surpised at how much this stuff costs. I can show you a whole
list of parts we have to add up to $7k.. we have $2500 in motors (5hp
electric motors aren't cheap, neither are 1hp, 1 pound motors), the 8
batteries we have won't be enough, and they ran $1100. Oh, and the
$1500 control system, + all the controller for each motor ($150-$200)
each and we have six... thats just a bit of it.

I posted our website, hhsrobotics.com, if you want to go there and see
our 5+ years of Robotics history.

I'm sorry if I am not up for using a car leaf spring as a weapon. I am
looking for raw metals that can be obtained easily, and worked with
easily. The robot design is fully CAD drawn, and will be made with a
high level of precision.. We take more of a NASA approach to this kind
of stuff.. not redneck backyard fun. Yeehaw.