John Rumm

John Borman wrote:

Ok so there's all the cables explained, the faceplates have obviously 6
connectors L1, L2 and L3 ??? (Its this third one that I'm a bit confused
about is this what is usually marked COM?)

Probably... but if you took the switch off you could soon test it with a
multimeter (or torch bulb and battery) to make sure. The COM postion
(whichever it is) will be connected to one contact with the switch in
one position, and the other when you throw the switch.

Am I correct in thinking that for two way op. the linking cable is connected
as follows:
L1=Yellow
L2=Blue
Com/L3=Red

Not sure there is actually a standardised way of choosing which colour
gets used where. Personally I use the red for the COM connection. (You
ought to always sleave the others with red since they are all lives).

with the circuit cable connected as follows
L2=Switched Red
L1=Red

Sounds right assuming L3 is COM.

--