John Borman

cheers for that what I may consider doing is connecting the upstairs one to
the lighting circuit up there then using 3core +E to connect this one to the
one downstairs gonna have a fun day tomoz.
Also, (I know I will prolly be condemned for asking this, or just told to
get an leccy in) after rewiring the lighting circuit using the loop in
system I am stumped by a two gang two way set up. This is the situation,
downstairs has a 2 gang light switch with one switch operating one down
stairs, and the other one operating two lights upstairs. Ok the wiring isn't
that much of a problem, I have two lots of 3C+E running from the switch down
stairs to the switch upstairs. Downstairs the light switch has the approp
switch cable for the downstairs light. Upstairs its has the two 3C+E cables
plus the switch cable from upstairs (Actually it has two switch cable for
the two upstairs lights as it was originally a 3 Gang switch and I'm
changing it to a 2 Gang one)

Ok so there's all the cables explained, the faceplates have obviously 6
connectors L1, L2 and L3 ??? (Its this third one that I'm a bit confused
about is this what is usually marked COM?)
Am I correct in thinking that for two way op. the linking cable is connected
as follows:
L1=Yellow
L2=Blue
Com/L3=Red
with the circuit cable connected as follows
L2=Switched Red
L1=Red
Thanks for any help
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Hi, I have installed two interlinked fire alarms as part of a renovation
project. However they are not linked at present just have two white

cables,
coming from each one. Is it ok to take a single core out of some

1mm/1.5mm2
cable I have laying around as I cant seem to find a single core that's
not
red or black, and I have three way cable with a different colour core

which
I could use.

No. I'd use the entire cable and ignore unused conductors, or relay with 3
core+E. I wouldn't want to run a single cable, except in conduit, as it
only
has a single layer of insulation.

Christian.