Charlie Bress

"Kruse" wrote in message
oups.com...

Looking for a clock motor labeled "WB 140". Motor goes in an old Maytag
gas range and it obviously powers the mechanical clock. Motor is 110
volt,
60 hertz, 2.5 watt.
I've been told that this motor was discountined in 1968. I went to the
local
electric shop (that's been in business forever) and he actually had
one, but
it was a pull and it didn't work.
Thanks in advance.

If the coil is open it is likely to be at the connection from the winding to
the outside world.
It may not need rewinding at all.
When I did one, I had to remove the reduction gears to get at the bad
connection. Before I started I used my digital camera to take a pic of the
assembly. Then it was a snap to rebuild the nest of gears without a it of
guess work.

Charlie