Jim Stewart

AJ Quick wrote:
The 250mph came from the estimate of 2500 rpm with unmodified motors. I
plan on adjusting the timing of the motors, and then overvolting them
to 36 volts. Thats how I estimate 3000rpm.. so its going atleast 250mph
(for 2500), or more if I make the changes. The gearbox uses 2:1
reduction, so the motors are spinning at 5000 normally, and should add
another 1000 with modifications. You are very right, 3000 rpm is
321mph.. would you like your gold star?

I don't know why I have to prove anything to you guys. This is a metal
working group, I expected answers regarding the metals to use.

But you see, this is a discussion group, not
an engineering consulting service. "Smash and
grab" posting doesn't always work. There are
some very knowledgeable people here that will
give you valuable information if you ask the
right questions.

You
would be surpised at how much this stuff costs. I can show you a whole
list of parts we have to add up to $7k.. we have $2500 in motors (5hp
electric motors aren't cheap, neither are 1hp, 1 pound motors), the 8
batteries we have won't be enough, and they ran $1100. Oh, and the
$1500 control system, + all the controller for each motor ($150-$200)
each and we have six... thats just a bit of it.

I posted our website, hhsrobotics.com, if you want to go there and see
our 5+ years of Robotics history.

I'm sorry if I am not up for using a car leaf spring as a weapon. I am
looking for raw metals that can be obtained easily, and worked with
easily. The robot design is fully CAD drawn, and will be made with a
high level of precision.. We take more of a NASA approach to this kind
of stuff.. not redneck backyard fun. Yeehaw.

Just one quick comment on that. The higher the
precision, the quicker it will jam. The military
learned that 50 years ago with weapons.