TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
If you live in an area that doesn't use much natural gas for
generation, like we do in Maryland, then electricity is actually
cheaper than in most places. Last time I checked BGE was over 80%
total combined nuclear and coal. Something like 8% was generated from
natural gas and maybe 2% from oil (and I bet that is mostly waste oil
from oil changes, etc.).

This is Turtle.

Natural gas has went up to a point where Louisiana [ One of the Biggest Natural
gas producer states ] is going to Coal fired Electric Generator. With Coal fire
generators they can produce it and sell it for $.08 a KWH and Natural gas fire
generators it sells for $.10 a KWH . They just built a Coal fired Generator
plant in my area about a year ago and started selling the Electricity now for
$.08 a KWH and was $.10 a KWH. On top of this the also pay to bring in the Coal
from other states to burn. Now it can be switched to Natural gas by just a flip
of a switch if the coal trains or the pipe line slug coal mix pumped through the
pipe line get held up for some reason. They pump coal through a pipe line now
days.

All you fellows in Coal producing state might hold on to the Coal for it maybe
going back to coal power for electricity producers for you can send coal through
a pipe line just like oil or natural gas.

TURTLE