John Rumm

John Borman wrote:

Hi, I have installed two interlinked fire alarms as part of a renovation
project. However they are not linked at present just have two white cables,
coming from each one. Is it ok to take a single core out of some 1mm/1.5mm2
cable I have laying around as I cant seem to find a single core that's not
red or black, and I have three way cable with a different colour core which
I could use.

Just run the whole cable and only use one of the cores. If you want you
can sleave the wire at each end with a "thrid" colour to indicate it is
not an ordinary mains connection.

(With my ones, I ran power from the CU to the first, and then three core
and earth from there to each of the others. That way you get the power
and the link delivered to each alarm in a single cable.

--
Cheers,

John.