Lee Blaver

Default Advice on which shower mixer?

John Stumbles wrote:

Background;
We have a Turbomax 828 (28Kw DHW/11 l/min) combi, which is supposed to
be fully modulating for hot water, and this is a flat with just two of
us, so additional hot water drawoff whilst showering won't be a problem.

snip

Neither of you ever uses the kitchen while the other is having a shower
then? No washing machine either?

Not hot water, no. Both washing machine and dishwasher are cold fill
only and SWMBO wouldn't dream of washing anything up by hand... :-)

I'm not quite so sure about mains pressure fluctuations though.

snip

Consider just going for a thermostatic 2-knob type: just turning on the flow
knob and getting water at the right temperature without fiddling around
adjusting it is quite nice (I'll fit one for myself one day :-)

I know the type you mean, SWMBO didn't fancy one of those, she found the
small taps uncomfortable and akward to turn. (She has a slight problem
with grip).
The large control of the Mira is ok for her, or maybe a single lever
type like the taps in we have :-)

Also, the BES website doesn't work on Mozilla, grr...

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com