JerseyMike

"Jim" wrote in message
I would like to know what is involved in install a vent free fireplace
from home depot or lowes in my basement.

thanks

jim

we have a 36k BTU vent free in our basement. we picked it out and had a
plumber install the flexible gas line and make the proper connections. we
had a 2" piece of limestone cut as a base to keep it off the floor in case
of water in the future and it makes a nice look.

it works great and for safety sake, we bought a carbon monoxide dector to
keep near the living area,and keep a fire extinguisher at the bottom of the
stairs, just in case.
we also keep an osillating fan to keep the air moving in the basement and
distribute the warm air around nicely.

good luck and i think it's a great idea,