Jeepnstein

I just got a cordless drill (12v Hitachi) for the first time. Can

the
battery be left in the charger continuously (like a cordless phone)

so
that it's fully charged at all times or would this damage the battery
or charger? The only thing I know about the battery/charger is that
it's a Ni-Cad battery and the charger has an indicator light that

turns
off once the battery is charged.

Thanks.

Charles Lerner

I leave my 12v Hitachi batteries in and yes, the charger does shut off.
The red inicator light goes out after an hour or so. I have several
UC12SD chargers both in the shop and in the telco closet at work and
have never had a problem. They make some great cordless tools for the
price. My 12v impact driver has been put through torture for the last
year and it runs like new even if it looks kind of rough. I'd really
like another 12v flashlight but can't seem to find one without buying
another drill.

Jim