Doug Miller

In article , "Trevor" wrote:
Thanks for the info. I will borrow a MT sleeve and check it against that.

I also have a revolving centre, again with strange dimensions (length). Is
it possible that this may be a #2MT. Again I will try and borrow a
suitable sleeve to try it.

The dimensions a

Length 50mm (1.968")
Large diameter 17mm (0.669")
Small diameter 14.5mm (0.571")

Taper = 0.669 - 0.571 = 0.098"
Taper per inch of length = 0.098 / 1.968 = 0.0498
Using the metric figures, taper per mm comes out at exactly 0.05 (2.5mm taper
along 50 mm length).

I think this is not a #2 MT. Here are my measurements on a drive center that
came with my #2 MT lathe:

Length 2.500
Large dia: 0.700"
Small dia: 0.579"
Taper = 0.700 - 0.579 = 0.121"
Taper per inch of length = 0.121 / 2.500 = 0.484

--
Regards,