Ash

Default GU10 Replacements

A little while ago I posted about replacing GU10 Halogen Spots with LED
equivalents. The general opinion was that they were very good.

Since then decided to buy one and give it a go. Found it to be no where near
as bright as a halogen, but it does a good job of illuminating a specific
area in the kitchen.

I have replaced another failed GU10 halogen with a GU10 compact fluorescent
fitting. This I would say is just about as bright as a 50 watt halogen, uses
just 11 watts and is meant to have a life about 5 times longer than the
halogen lamp. They aren't cheap, I paid just under £10.00 for one at an
electrical wholesalers. They are slightly longer than the halogen, but they
sit nice and flush in my ceiling spot fittings.

As the halogen bulbs fail I think in future I will be replacing them with
the compact fluorescents. Anyone else had any experience using these? any
comments?

Ash