Lurch

Default M akita or RYOBI

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:18:31 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "IMM"
strung together this:

I've just had 2 Makita drills repaired. An ageing HR2410 which had new
seals, chuck bearings and a general service. Total cost was £12. The
other was a 8443D, a new motor, bearings and general service was just
short of £35.

Was that inc labour? £35?

All including labour, vat, materials. All in prices quoted.

A good decent drill/driver can be had now for
£50-60 inc 2 or 3 year guarantees.

My Makita battery drill was £235, I've seen them for £200 recently.
The £50-60 drills won't do what my Makita can.

It can! The makita will last longer with day to day pro use, that's all.

Now you're just talking ******** again.

The total cost of the two drills was about £370.

Which will be cheaper now, and the current equiv will most liklely be a

far,
far less than £370. Battery drill prices have tumbled along with SDS's.

Still about £250-300 though for like for like drills.

A DIYer paying over £20 for battery drill is madness. Even few pros don't
pay that these days.

Define 'pro'.
I have a cheap battery drill, cost a tenner. I's ok for use as a
screwdriver but there is nowhere near enough power to do even a
fraction of what my Makita can. I suggest you actually post when you
have a vague understanding of what you're drivelling on about.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.