B.B.

Article didn't show on my server, so piggybacking.

Ron M. wrote:

[...]

I use an abrasive blade in my circular saw for straight cuts, but it's
hard to cut accurate angles with it. I also have a Porter-Cable Tiger
sawzall, I don't think that would work well for this kind of cutting,
although I've never tried it.

Please give me a tip here, especially if you've actually done it, and
aren't just repeating what you've read or heard. And PLEASE don't tell
me to "go buy a chop saw"!!!

Thanks,
Ron M.

I've done such a thing with a hand-held circular saw, abrasive wheel,
bit of wood, and a clamp. I clamped the wood on as a simple guide and
held the saw's guide against it. Pressed pretty hard to keep it put.
If you can't clamp it on you can probably build a little jig since
you'll be doing this regularly.
Don't go slow to baby the saw, move fast. If the saw will take it
it'll take it. If the saw won't, going slow won't save it since you'll
simply spend more time abusing it.
I didn't do it often enough to gauge wear on the saw due to dust, but
I figure if you blast it out with compressed air when you put it away
you'll be alright.
Watch the sparks.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/