On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:00:56 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

I'm knocking out a little set of shelves to go under one wing of my TS and
hold my collection of hand planes close to my workbench.

I had one odd piece of plywood salvaged from a library magazine rack, and I
more or less just started cutting on it without a concrete plan. I made
the first crosscut as wide of a piece as I could manage in my little shop;
somewhere in the neighborhood of 30". I cut the next one to the same
length. That left me with a third piece a smidge longer than the first
two. I ripped it into four equal pieces 3" wide. I chose to use narrow
uprights to encourage air circulation, to keep the rust off my planes.

What I want to end up with is a simple shelf with four upright pieces and
two shelves. I might make a third shelf out of another piece of this
magazine rack. So now I'm left with a choice for how to join the shelves
to the uprights.

Plan A. I could....

snip a bunch of terrible half assed ideas.....

Plan D. Use this as justification to buy a dado set.

Uh Huh......