Rumpty

I had a friend who lost his entire wood shop due to one of these "battery
chargers" that caught fire. Happen again? Probably not but I do not leave
my chargers turned on. You might consider putting the charger on a line
that gets shut off every nite. I always shut off my compressor line at the
fuse box along with the bench outlets, every nite. Throw the breakers and
lock the door.

--

Rumpty

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just got a cordless drill (12v Hitachi) for the first time. Can the
battery be left in the charger continuously (like a cordless phone) so
that it's fully charged at all times or would this damage the battery
or charger? The only thing I know about the battery/charger is that
it's a Ni-Cad battery and the charger has an indicator light that turns
off once the battery is charged.

Thanks.

Charles Lerner