James Hart

Default Power planes

Andrew McKay wrote:
On 4 Aug 2003 11:42:54 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Excellent devices. Take skill to use, though, or you'll end up with
a non square edge.

I get that with the manual ones... )

Ah yes, but these planers are real timesavers - you get the non-square
edge quicker.

I moved into a new house a few years back, doors were rubbing on the
carpets. So I took the doors outside to give them a dose of the
electric planer. Worked a treat. Only problem was the fscking doors
had fscking staples along the bottome edge - took lumps out of the TCT
planer blades.

The person who lived here before me laid a new thicker carpet in the back
bedroom and landing and took the doors off to plane the bottoms to fit,
trouble was he did the wrong door so the bathroom's got nearly an inch of
clearance and the back bedroom needs a good shove just te get it to move
through the pile. I would change the doors, there's only 3 of them in total
but I'm a lazy sod so I'm living with it for the time being.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/