Leon

Better chargers charge and then go into a maintenance or trickle mode.
Yours may simply shut off and stay off until you remove and replace the
battery. I would check the Hitachi site and review information that may be
available. Or contact Hitachi.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just got a cordless drill (12v Hitachi) for the first time. Can the
battery be left in the charger continuously (like a cordless phone) so
that it's fully charged at all times or would this damage the battery
or charger? The only thing I know about the battery/charger is that
it's a Ni-Cad battery and the charger has an indicator light that turns
off once the battery is charged.

Thanks.

Charles Lerner