Harvey Van Sickle

On 22 Dec 2004, Kalico wrote

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:50:02 -0000, "Tony Collins"
reply_to_group wrote:

I'm with Harvey on this.

When I read up on this some time ago, it was clear that you could
only use a TV or Video without a licence if it was INCAPABLE of
recieving (permanently).

Just stating that you don't use it to recieve is not enough.

Not what the guy at TV licensing told me although you are right
that just 'stating' that you do not use it for broadcasts is not
enough.

BUT, he did say that the TV/VCR did not have to have all the
appropriate circuitry removed.

I don't think that's what either of us were saying -- it doesn't have
to be removed, but the equipment's receiving capability *does* have to
be shown to be "disabled" in some way.

Further, I suspect -- although I can't say for certain -- that one
would need to show that the "disablement" was permanent or virtually
permanent, rather than easily re-enabled.

--
Cheers,
Harvey