Martin Angove

Default Cowboy wiring - grumble, grumble, grumble.

In message ,
"Toby" wrote:

Martin Angove wrote:
Found a similar situation at a house recently.
I think this was a DIY-er cowboy rather than a pro though.

How is life as a pro?

So-so. The electrics I can handle, it's the "making good" I have trouble
with :-)

Not done any advertising so far (though I have a little planned) but
people keep ringing me up and asking me to do work.

As others advised when I first said I was thinking of this, it is darned
hard work, and my first few estimates were wildly inaccurate, but I'm
getting the hang of it now. I might even be in a "positive cash flow"
situation soon.

I've come up with an interesting angle though which I might persue - it
avoids a lot of the hassle jobs: advertise as a service for DIY-ers. I
would "consult" - doing design and calculations, checking and advising
if required and testing afterwards. I wonder if this would work?

Thanks for remembering...

....and if anyone needs my services, I'm in the Caerphilly
(/valleys/Cardiff) area ;-). Email to the address given here is rarely
read, but if you swap "ae" for "MJAngove" you might get a response.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse