Bob,
I just built the Mark II. Awsome, I repaired a Sony DVD that had been
sitting on my workbench for weeks in 10 minutes. Bad fish caps on the
controller board. Went through all my surplus caps and had to toss ~
15% of them.
I purchased it from:

http://www.flippers.com/esrktord-form.html

It's not an US source but John was very conscientious and speedy. It
was $64.95 + $8 shipping. They're in Vancover B.C. and I'm in Chicago.
I swear it got here in 2 days. BTW if it was like my kit I felt the
solder supplied was not so good (lot of impurities), plus it was .040".
I substituted .020" silver bearing and felt the soldering was a lot
easier and resultant solder joints were nice and shiney.

Also Bob Parker was very kind and responsive and his site was very
helpful.

Richard