Bob Shuman

Default ESR II Meter; US Source?

Anyone have a source for the Bob parker ESR II Meter Kit? Bob's web site
references Anatek , but it would appear the URL link is no longer valid.
I'm looking for the best total price and am comfortable with building and
calibrating the unit myself. Thanks in advance for ideas on a source.

Bob

John Bachman

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:34:05 -0600, "Bob Shuman"
wrote:

Anyone have a source for the Bob parker ESR II Meter Kit? Bob's web site
references Anatek , but it would appear the URL link is no longer valid.
I'm looking for the best total price and am comfortable with building and
calibrating the unit myself. Thanks in advance for ideas on a source.

AnaTek is still here but we no longer carry the Dick Smith ESR meter
(Bob's design) due to difficulties in dealing with DS. Too bad as it
is a good little unit that we carried for years but DS just became too
much hassle and the quality of the components supplied went down hill.

John
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Moderated electronic repair discussion group at
www.anatekcorp.com/elrepair/elrepair.htm

Bob,
I just built the Mark II. Awsome, I repaired a Sony DVD that had been
sitting on my workbench for weeks in 10 minutes. Bad fish caps on the
controller board. Went through all my surplus caps and had to toss ~
15% of them.
I purchased it from:

http://www.flippers.com/esrktord-form.html

It's not an US source but John was very conscientious and speedy. It
was $64.95 + $8 shipping. They're in Vancover B.C. and I'm in Chicago.
I swear it got here in 2 days. BTW if it was like my kit I felt the
solder supplied was not so good (lot of impurities), plus it was .040".
I substituted .020" silver bearing and felt the soldering was a lot
easier and resultant solder joints were nice and shiney.

Also Bob Parker was very kind and responsive and his site was very
helpful.

Richard

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...
| Bob,
| I just built the Mark II. Awsome, I repaired a Sony DVD that had been
| sitting on my workbench for weeks in 10 minutes. Bad fish caps on the
| controller board. Went through all my surplus caps and had to toss ~
| 15% of them.
| I purchased it from:
|
| http://www.flippers.com/esrktord-form.html
|
| It's not an US source but John was very conscientious and speedy.

John's Jukes has been here in Vancouver (on Main St) for the longest time
and I've never heard a negative word about them.

Bob Shuman

Thanks to all for the pointer to the Flippers web site. I ordered one this
morning at $65 + $10 Shipping (US$).

Bob

PS Richard, (Spudnuty) I too am located just outside Chicago, IL so
appreciate your info on shipping time!

Gas meter regulations Chris UK diy 11 April 20th 05 05:49 PM
Moving electricity meter, cutout and consumer unit nospam UK diy 2 July 26th 04 08:06 PM
Replacement of meter causes problems? Mike Electronics Repair 8 May 25th 04 05:51 AM
Meter reader clocked me! BigWallop UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 09:58 AM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 02:51 AM